Sunday, June 20, 2010

Thing #1- 7 1/2 Habits of Effective Lifelong Learners

I think the most challenging "habit" for me is Habit #3: View problems as challenges. Whoa...I do NOT do that at all!! I am the queen of freaking out when something goes wrong. That said, I definitely have some work to do on viewing each mini-crisis in my life each day as a "challenge."

The easiest habit for me will be Habit #1: Begin with the end in mind. In case you can't tell from my "queen-of-freaking-out" title above, I am little bit of a control freak. I always have in my head how things should turn out or the ideal situation as the end result. Okay, I also have all the not-so-ideal situations in my head too, but mostly I just focus on the way I WANT it to turn out. I am a specific and goal oriented person in general, so it is pretty easy for me to have a goal in mind before I begin a project or adventure.

I think the most important habit for this course is Habit #6: Use technology to your advantage because that IS what this course is about, right? I think Habit #7 1/2: PLAY is just important for life. Playing can release stress and can make us happier in general as people. Also, in this course specifically, playing around with the technology tools and the new "things" we are learning will help me learn- I am a visual and kinesthetic learner. :)

1 comment:

  1. Don't freak out! :) There will be times when these "things" aren't going the way you want them to... when that happens, just let me know and we'll get through it together! Happy learning!

    ReplyDelete