Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Thing #10- Creative Commons

Wow...I feel like a whole new wealth of information has just been opened up to me...it's so SAD to me that I did not know about this before today!! Haha!

I definitely think I will be affected by Creative Commons in my personal and professional lives. I have used content from the web in my classroom, but I have not really ever checked for copyright (BAD, I know!!). I am naive when it comes to copyright laws. That stuff just kind of hurts my head to think about, so in the past I have just not thought about it. Now I know how to find content that is usable with permission from the owner. I am excited about where I can go with this!

I would like to learn more about Creative Commons as I am still a little confused on how to find usable content, even after completing the stretch activity. I will spend a little more time on that so I am prepared before the school year starts!

1 comment:

  1. You can always ask your Librarian, if you have questions about copyright. Don't hesitate to get the information you need!

    ReplyDelete