Sunday, June 20, 2010

Thing #2- Web 2.0

Wow- apparently this Internet thing is here to stay, huh? Haha...just kidding! I am the Internet Queen (not to be confused with the freak-out Queen, in the Thing #1 post).

While I consider myself very technology savvy, I do not think I have used those skills to enhance the learning of my students. I think it is because I have become somewhat complacent- I have lessons already created for the subjects that I teach, and in my opinion those lessons are successful, so why change, right? Wrong. I want my class to be one that my students are passionate about and feel that they have a say in. I want to keep parents informed about what is going on in class without having to make 75 phone calls. I want my students to become technology savvy too, as that makes them more marketable in the future. I think all of these "wants" are the reasons that learning about Web 2.0 tools will be fun and beneficial to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment