Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Thing #17- Podcasting

I currently use podcasting to listen to one of my favorite preachers, Matt Chandler, from the Village Church. Every one of his sermons is made into a podcast. I subscribe to the podcast in iTunes and it automatically updates into my iTunes every time there is a new podcast added. Each time I plug my iPod into my computer, the new podcasts are put onto my iPod. I LOVE IT! I can listen to it in the car or working out or anything really.

I have never used podcasting with students, but I can definitely see where it could have uses. Podcast directories are just another avenue we as teachers have to visit for resources. We could show podcasts in the classroom, or get adventurous and make our own! I could definitely see value in explaining mathematical concepts via podcast and allowing students to subscribe to them for extra help, or even posting them on a class website.

Some of the podcasts I viewed/listened to and enjoyed are The Math Factor Podcast, Teachers Teaching Teachers (I subscribed to that one!), and The Teachers Podcast on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment