Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Thing #23- Ning

My overall impressions of Ning are that it is very cool and user friendly! I really like the Classroom 2.0 Ning because it gives me a place to ask questions and see others questions about technology in the classroom. I think it's so neat how it emails the group members when something is posted so they don't have to check it every ten minutes. I think that is helpful and one major reason why responses to questions and comments are so quick on the Ning.

I think Ning is much more conducive to a classroom than MySpace and Facebook. As I stated in my previous post, there is such a fine line educators must adhere to on Facebook or Myspace due to it's personal nature. On Ning, there is not as much personal information about the members, so it is a great tool for classrooms! It is also harder to "find" people, so I think it is definitely safer for students! I think it would be a great tool for students to post homework questions. I would like to set up a Ning for my classes and give students a deadline to post questions that I will answer or even a "chat" set up in real time for an hour or so on homework nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment